If you need online medical assistant training programs that will last between 4 – 12 weeks, then here is a great information for you.
There are medical assistant programs online that last for 4, 6 and 12 weeks which you can enrol in if you are looking for a short medical assistant course.
In this article, I made a review of the ones I came across and grouped them accordingly with respect to their study-duration.
Here, I made the list of 4 week medical assistant program, 6 week medical assistant program, 8 week medical assistant program, and 12 week medical assistant program.
The 4 week medical assistant programs are designed to last for 4 weeks (approximately a month), while the 6 week medical assistant programs are designed to last for six months (approximately one and half month)
The 8 week medical assistant programs are two months programs (8 weeks) while the 12 week medical assistant programs are 3 months programs.
Is Online Medical Assistant Program worth it?
Medical assistants are essential, like other healthcare professionals; they provide support to doctors, nurses, physician assistants, and other professionals.
Many people are interested in this profession, and statistics have shown a 19% increase in the employment rate.
To become a professional medical assistant, there are specialized programs that will help you develop skills to perform roles in the medical setting and even build your career.
Depending on the school and professional demands, these programs can last between 4 to 12 weeks.
This article will provide a list of 4 to 12 weeks of medical assistant programs online.
- Medical Schools that Accept Nurses
- Scholarships for Medical Students
- Medical Schools that Offer full Scholarships Support
- Medical Schools that Accept Foreign Degrees
- Medical Schools that Accept Transfers
- 3, 6 and 12 Months Certificate Programs that Pay Well
- 9 Ways to Study Abroad in any Country or Free in 2023
4 Week Medical Assistant Programs With Certificate
Some online medical assistant programs last for as little as 4 weeks. Below is a list of the best 4 weeks medical assistant programs offered by reputable schools:
- Ashworth College 4 Weeks Medical Administrative Assistant Certificate
- Keiser University 4 Week Associate – Medical Assisting Science Program
- Saint Augustine’s University 4 Week Clinical Medical Assistant Certificate
- Metro Medical Training Center 21 hours a week Pharmacy Technician Fast Track Program
- Metro Medical Training Center 5-day Medical Assistant Certification Program
1. Ashworth College 4 Weeks Medical Administrative Assistant Certificate
Ashworth College offers this online program to help students become skilled medical administrative assistants and provide support like scheduling appointments, following up with patients, and organizing files and records in a medical office.
The tuition fee is very affordable, and students have many payment options.
This online program includes classes like introduction to medical assistance, administrative medical assistance, medical law and ethics, and medical and body system terminologies.
With the affordable tuition fee, students can access books, online libraries, research resources, an active online community of staff and students, smartphone apps, and a classroom portal dashboard.
Comment: This program is accredited and also affordable.
Course link: visit course here
2. Keiser University 4 Week Associate – Medical Assisting Science Program
This online medical assistant program is from Keiser University. The program is designed to help students acquire the knowledge and skills to carry out medical duties like;
- Recording patients’ medical history
- Giving injections according to the physician’s instructions
- Carrying out laboratory tests and examinations
- Measuring vital signs
- Helping out with physical examination with directions from physicians.
The program also teaches how to schedule appointments, prepare medical records and prepare medical insurance claims.
The Keiser University Associate medical assisting science program covers important health and clinical courses, behavioral and social science, computer technology, communications, English Language and mathematics, natural science, fine arts, and humanities.
Comment: This program is rich with courses but with an affordable tuition fee.
Course link: visit course here
3. Saint Augustine’s University 4 Week Clinical Medical Assistant Certificate
Saint Augustine’s University designed this online program to teach clinical and procedural skills needed to help healthcare professionals, and patients get the best service.
The Saint Augustine’s University clinical medical assistant certificate program has a curriculum with rich topics like:
- Medical terminologies
- Law and ethics
- Basic computer knowledge
- Scheduling appointments
- Managing patients’ records
- Daily financial practices and patient billings
- First aid techniques
- Laboratory tests and examinations
- Minor surgery assistance, and many more.
At the end of the program, students can use the certificate and knowledge to work in hospitals and clinics, physician’s offices, outpatient facilities, and other healthcare settings.
Comment: The National Healthcare Career Association (NHA) recognizes this online program.
Course link: visit course here
6-Week Medical Assistant Programs Online
6 weeks medical assistant programs last for a month and half. These programs are very rare online medical assistant programs.
The few 6 weeks medical assistant programs include:
- Phlebotomy Career Training 6 Weeks Clinical Medical Assistant Certificate Program
- Tyler Junior College 6 Weeks Clinical Medical Assistant Online Certification Program
- Tyler Junior College 6 Weeks Ophthalmic Medical Assisting
- Phlebotomy Career Training 6 Weeks Dental Assistant Certification
1. 6 Weeks Clinical Medical Assistant Certificate Program
This 6 weeks clinical medical assistant training program is online program that is offered by the Phlebotomy Career Training to teach students various skills necessary to work as medical assistants.
The program include administrative roles (like bookkeeping, front desk clerical duties, scheduling appointments, taking of blood samples and many more).
Students are also trained on medical assistance roles like helping during minor procedures, performing tests, and taking vital signs tests are in the curriculum.
This program has 996 hours of class or theoretical learning and 204 hours of internship work which can be completed in 6 weeks if you spend hours daily.
Course link: visit course here
2. Tyler Junior College’s 6 Weeks Clinical Medical Assistant Online Certification Program
This online medical assistant program is from Tyler Junior College to teach students all skills they need to work as support providers to healthcare professionals.
The program is taught through virtual classes and laboratories for practicals. The curriculum includes courses like;
- Cardiology assistant
- Direct patient care
- Health insurance assistant
- Diagnostic testing,
- Basic accounting skills, etc.
The tuition fee for this online medical assistant program is $2,199 for the 6 weeks of training.
Course link: visit course here
3. Tyler Junior College 6 Weeks Ophthalmic Medical Assisting
This online program is for medical assistants but only those interested in vision and eye care.
The Tyler Junior College teaches all students basic and advanced knowledge and skills to help optometrists care for patients.
Students will learn eye care terminology, law and ethics, communication skills, insurance bills, and medical finance.
This online program allows students to participate in certification exams like the National Paraoptometric Registry, American Board of Opticianry, National Contact Lens Examiner, and Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology.
Course link: visit course here
4. Phlebotomy Career Training 6 Weeks Dental Assistant Certification
Phlebotomy Career Training offers this online medical assistant program to help students get the necessary knowledge and skills as dental assistants.
The program expects students to take tests at the end of each week and a certification exam at the end of 6 weeks.
The program will teach students dental roles like taking patients’ dental X-rays, managing appointments, arranging dental exam tables, and providing patient care.
8-Week Medical Assistant Programs
People who wish to become certified medical assistants can train and get the necessary knowledge and skills in just 8 weeks (2 months).
The time frame does not affect the course contents but gives students ample time to go through the program.
Below are some 8 weeks (2 months) online medical assistant programs:
- State Fair Community College 8 weeks Associate of Applied Science in Medical Assisting
- Advanced eClinical Certification 8 Weeks Online Medical Assistant Certification
1. State Fair Community College 8 weeks Associate of Applied Science in Medical Assisting
The State Fair Community College offers this 8-week program to help train students to become medical professionals who will perform clinical and administrative roles in medical settings.
To become a medical assistant, you must have excellent communication skills, computer knowledge, empathy and care for patients, attention to detail, integrity, and document-handling skills. The school designed this program to teach all these and more.
The program supports students through academic advice, free reading and writing services, career tutoring, counseling sessions, libraries, financial aid, healthcare services, and many more.
At the end of the program, students can get jobs in establishments like clinics and hospitals, medical centers, physician’s offices, laboratories, other healthcare facilities, and insurance billing agencies.
2. Advanced eClinical Certification 8 Weeks Online Medical Assistant Certification
This 8-week online medical assistant certification program is from Advanced eClinical Certification to help students get the necessary skills and jobs as Certified Clinical Medical Assistants (CCMA).
The program provides learning materials, digital books, and expert instructor support.
Students can take the course on their own time but finish the whole program within 8 weeks. The curriculum includes courses like:
- Pharmacology assistant
- Anatomy and physiology assistant
- Principles of human diseases
- The healthcare settings
- Introduction to clinical medical assisting examinations
- Diagnostic methods
- Infection control
- Patient privacy, and safety
- Minor clinical procedures
12-Week Medical Assistant Programs
Many online medical assistant programs take up to 12 weeks, and these programs allow students to study at their own pace while working.
Below is list of the best 12 weeks (3 months) online medical assistant programs by reputable and prestigious institutions:
- Breath of Life Training 12 Weeks Clinical Medical Assisting Certificate
- Cuesta College 12 Weeks Medical Assisting (MAST) Program
- Camelot College 12 Weeks Advanced Medical Assistant Program
- Atlanta Career Institute 12 Weeks Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- United States Career Institute 12 Weeks Online Medical Assistant Certificate
1. Breath of Life Training 12 Weeks Clinical Medical Assisting Certificate
This online medical assistant program is from the Breath of Life Training to equip students with the core values and knowledge needed to cope with nurses, doctors, other medical staff, and patients.
Students will learn the arrangements and functioning of major body parts and systems, medical terms, and guiding principles.
They will also examine patients and present details to healthcare professionals for treatments and process medical insurance bills.
The program will also teach physical examinations for patients, including pregnant women, pap smear and pelvic examinations, minor eye and ear procedures, and many more.
At the end of the program, students will receive a certificate of completion and can sit for national certification exams.
2. Cuesta College 12 Weeks Medical Assisting (MAST) Program
Cuesta College offers this Medical Assisting (MAST) program to help students get the basic and advanced knowledge needed by medical assistants in healthcare facilities.
The program can last for 12 weeks or up to 18 weeks, depending on the pace of the student. The curriculum includes courses like:
- Introduction to medical assistance
- Basic medical terminology
- Computer basics
- Concepts of anatomy and physiology
- Essential communication in the health system
- Medical office management
- Advanced clinical skills
- Marketing skills
After this program, students can take the California Certifying Board for Medical Assistants (CCBMA) exam to become certified medical assistants.
3. Camelot College 12 Weeks Advanced Medical Assistant Program
Camelot College offers this online program to students interested in assisting physicians during medical procedures.
The students will also learn how to keep records of patients and perform other clerical duties.
Some medical responsibilities include examining patients and reporting to medical professionals, sterilizing equipment, taking laboratory tests and examinations, measuring vital signs, and more.
At the end of the online program, students will undergo a practical experience in any medical environment.
This program makes students eligible for National Healthcare Association (NHA) or American Medical Certification Association (AMCA) certification exams.
4. Atlanta Career Institute 12 Weeks Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
This online medical assistant program helps aspiring medical assistants get the basic and advanced knowledge of providing support to healthcare professionals in every medical setting.
Atlanta Career Institute teaches every aspect of this field, like physical examinations, laboratory tests and examinations, minor office surgeries, injections and prescriptions, and many more.
The tuition fee is $2999, allowing students access to books, supplies, scrub top, and externship placement opportunities. There is also financial aid available for students.
5. United States Career Institute 12 Weeks Online Medical Assistant Certificate
The United States Career Institute designed this online medical assistant program to provide students with theoretical knowledge and practical skills to get entry-level positions in any healthcare facility.
At the end of the program, students will learn medical terminology, first aid procedures, medical insurance, patient therapies, communication skills, pharmacology, minor examinations, preparation and administration of medications, and bookkeeping techniques.
Students can further take national exams like the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA), the National Healthcareer Association (NHA), or the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) exams.
If you want to pursue a medical assistant career but have limited time or money, some online medical assistant programs last for 4 to 12 weeks.
Most of them are affordable, with many resources and a rich curriculum. We have listed some of these programs; you can check them out.