If you want to enroll in an online Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) program, then I’m glad to bring to you the best 6 months LPN programs online that are extremely cheap to enroll in.
I came up with the idea of writing this article because many of our students that are interested in becoming Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) have asked severally if LPN programs last for 6 months.
Well, there are accelerated programs that take 6 months to complete compared to the normal ones that take between 9 to 12 months.
Are there Online LPN Programs that are 6 Months?
Yes, there are!
If you are interested in these programs, then in 6 months, you can finish the program, take the certification exams and get a job as a licensed practical nurse.
Most of these LPN programs are campus-based, and some are online.
Online programs allow students to fix their classes according to their schedule, but they need to put more effort and concentration to complete the program within a short time.
Six months LPN online programs are for students who wish to save money and start their careers quickly.
How to Become an LPN?
The steps to becoming an LPN are very easy and straightforward. The student must first complete coursework in any accredited institution that offers LPN programs.
Interestingly, thousands of colleges, healthcare facilities, and technical schools in the United States offer LPN programs.
At the end of the LPN program, the student must earn the required grade laid down by the state’s Board of Nursing, and the grade differs according to the state where the school is situated.
If the student has the required grade, they will be eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examinations or the NCLEX-PN to become a licensed practical nurse.
Requirements for LPN Programs
Some major requirements for admission into the LPN program include the following:
- Completion of all remediation courses according to the school’s policy.
- Registration into the pre-clinical practical nursing major.
- An average of 2.5 grade points in each pre-clinical fundamental course.
- Registration for the Practical Nursing Candidacy and completion of all key courses before the end of the 12-week session.
- Completion of the health screening
- Attendance of the compulsory orientation seminar if accepted into the clinical phase 19.
6 Months LPN To RN Program Online? How to go and it
A licensed practical nurse and a registered nurse work in the healthcare industry, but their job requirements differ.
An LPN can move to become a registered nurse as there are many opportunities for an RN. The higher job positions, advancement opportunities, long-term securities, and specializations are some of the advantages a licensed practical nurse can gain if they move to become a registered nurse.
There are many LPN to RN programs; while some take longer time, others can be finished in 6 months.
To move into an RN career from LPN, students must have the following requirements:
- High school diploma with a minimum GPA of 2.5
- A valid LPN license
- Proof of one-year clinical experience
- A current BLS/CPR certificate
- A passing score on the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) exam.
- Enrollment in any LPN-to-RN bridge program
- Completion of the training requirements and application for your state license.
- A passing score on the NCLEX-RN exam.
List of 6 Months LPN Online Programs in Florida
Some schools in Florida allow students to earn their LPN degrees in 6 months, while others take less than 2 years. These schools include:
- Galen College of Nursing, St Petersburg
- Academy for Nursing and Health Occupations, West Palm Beach
- Sheridan Technical Center, Hollywood
- First Coast Technical College, St Augustine
- Withlacoochee Technical College, Inverness
- North Florida Technical College, Starke
6 Months LPN Online Programs in New York
LPN programs in New York schools can take 6 months to a year to be completed; here are some schools with the best LPN online programs.
- LaGuardia Community College – Long Island City
- Niagara County Community College – Sanborn
- Samaritan Hospital – Troy
- Jefferson-Lewis-Hamilton-Herkimer BOCES – Watertown
- Monroe College – Bronx
- Eastern Suffolk BOCES – Bellport & Brentwood
- Hunter Business School – Levittown
- North Country Community College – Saranac Lake
- Cayuga-Onondaga BOCES – Auburn
- Erie 1 BOCES, Southtowns Academy – Buffalo
6 Months LPN Online Programs in Georgia
Georgia has many schools that offer LPN programs. Some programs may strictly last 6 months, while others are flexible and may last within a year. Online LPN programs in Georgia include:
- Savannah Technical College, Savannah
- Augusta Technical College, Augusta
- Altamaha Technical College, Jesup
- Central Georgia Technical College, Warner Robins
- Chattahoochee Technical College, Marietta
- Wiregrass Georgia Technical College, Valdosta
- Southern Crescent Technical College, Griffin
- Lanier Technical College, Gainesville
6 Months LPN to RN Programs Online in Texas
There are online programs for LPN students who wish to transition to RN. These students take between 6 months to a year to complete. Some of these programs include:
- Texas County Technical College, Houston
- Panola College, Carthage
- Tyler Junior College, Tyler
- Amarillo College, Amarillo
- Baptist Health System School of Health Professions, San Antonio
- Cisco College, Cisco
- Clarendon College – Childress
- Coastal Bend College – Kingsville
- Collin College – Mckinney
- Dallas Nursing Institute – Dallas
How to find 6 Months LPN Programs Online Near me?
Many schools offer 6 months of LPN online programs, so getting one near you will not be difficult. Here are some factors to consider before choosing any LPN programs near you.
- Accreditation of the school
- The timeframe of the program should be flexible for you.
- Cost of the program for all semesters
- The required pass rate for the NCLEX-PN
- Location and time frame of the clinical rotations
Getting a licensed practical nurse certificate is an excellent way to start your career as a nurse in the healthcare industry.
Some programs take 6 months to completion, while others take up to a year or more; for students with work schedules, the online mode of these programs is the best.
I have listed schools in different locations that offer 6 months of LPN online programs, so you can make your choice.