I am about to expose 6 good, authentic and easiest ways to migrate, study and work in canada with fully-funded sponsorship including visa sponsorship.
Isn’t that a great news to put a smile on your face? Of course, it is.
Well, The term “Japa” has become trendy and describes relocation or migration from Nigeria to other countries to find a greener pastures with high and huge monthly salary that can sustain you lifetime.
The truth here is that, Canada is one of the safest and peaceful country to migrate to as an international citizen. I will even prefer it to the U.K and U.S.
Statistics have shown that over 20,000 Nigerians have migrated to Canada between 2020 and 2023, and more are still planning to relocate.
There are many reasons why many Nigerians are migrating to Canada; some of them are:
- The many wealthy opportunities in the country
- A thriving working environment
- Political stability
- Sound educational system, and many more.
How Migrate to Migrate to Canada to Study or Work under full Sponsorship
If you are planning to migrate to Canada, here are 6 straightforward ways you can achieve that without spending a dime or much money.
Method 1: Migrate Through Canada Express Entry
Most people who have migrated to Canada or are always planning to consider this option, so this option is the most popular and unarguably the easiest.
The “Express Entry” is a system organized by the Canadian government to help process the application of people willing to migrate to Canada and become permanent residents.
Express Entry works with three programs: the federal skilled worker program, the federal skilled trades program, and the Canadian Express class.
The Federal Skilled Worker Program is for people with foreign work experience, and the Federal Skilled Trades Program accepts only applicants who are skilled in any trade.
Note: The Canadian Experience Class is strictly for people with experience in the Canadian workspace.
The primary requirements for Express Entry are English or French language proficiency, a college or university degree, and work experience.
From the requirements, this option is favorable to professionals and skilled workers.
Method 2: Migrate Through the Canadian Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
The Provincial Nominee Program is linked to Express Entry and is an easy way to migrate to Canada.
This option is organized by each of the thirteen provinces and territories in Canada; each of the provinces will be responsible for the number of people accepted and the requirements for acceptance.
This responsibility means that each program is designed to meet the province’s economic, political, and demographic needs.
The Provincial Nominee Program is another popular way of immigration as a nomination in the program will get any applicant a bonus of 600 comprehensive ranking system points, which can guarantee a spot in the Express Entry draw.
Using the Provincial Nominee Program for immigration can take months.
Method 3: Migrate to Canada through Start-Up Visa Program
Canada’s start-up visa program is for entrepreneurs wishing to migrate to Canada and start new businesses.
Applicants must have an original business that can create jobs for Canadians and boost the economy.
The requirements for this program are a qualifying business, proficiency in English or French language, a support letter from a specific organization, and proof of funds. The whole process of using this option for migration takes about 31 months.
Applicants that are accepted will migrate to Canada on a work permit, and when the business is established, they will be granted permanent residence.
4. Migrate to Canada through Work Permit Immigration Program
A work permit is an easy way of migrating to Canada, especially if you hope to live and look for employment opportunities there.
The work permit is a legal document that allows foreigners to live and work in Canada; this option is available for business people, students, caregivers, agricultural workers, and temporary and permanent workers.
Some Canadian recruitment agencies offer migrants work permit and visa sponsorship to migrate and work in Canada.
There are two types of work permits: employer-specific and open work permits. The employer-specific work permit allows applicants to work for a specific employee.
In contrast, the open work permit allows applicants to work for any employee in Canada that comply with specific conditions.
5. Migrate to Canada through Study Visa Route
The study Visa Route is for students who wish to live in Canada and complete their educational pursuits, they can also work while studying or after their studies.
This migration option is popular and accessible as candidates do not need IELTS or TOEFL exams, and you can apply even at the age of 40.
The only requirement is that you must have an offer letter from an accredited institution in Canada.
One advantage of using the study visa route is that there is no need for a travel agent, and your spouse or partner can join you using the Spousal Open Work Permit.
6. Migrate to Canada through Family Sponsorship
Family sponsorship is a migration program that allows Canadians to sponsor the relocation of their family members to Canada, and this option is less popular than others but still easy.
There are specific requirements the sponsor must meet, and they include the following:
- You must be a citizen of Canada or have a permanent residence
- Must be 18 years and above
- You must have adequate resources to sponsor another person for a specific time,
- You must live in Canada for the period the family member or sponsored person becomes a Canadian permanent resident.
Other requirements include a clean criminal record and no social assistance (except in the case of disability) to the sponsor.
How Much Does it Cost to Migrate to Canada?
Migrating to Canada costs a lot as there are many fees to be paid. The cost you are to pay depends on the type of migration option. Below are the major costs and expenses to look out for:
1. Agency fee: The agent fee depends on individual preference. However, you can skip this payment if you open an immigration account or use a study visa route.
2. Getting your transcripts as a student: Getting official transcripts from your school to Canada can cost you about $20 – $30 depending on your school.
3. Transcribing of Transcript: The World Education Services (WES) will transcribe your official transcripts, which can cost $100 for a Document-by-Document evaluation or $160 for a Course-by-Course evaluation. You will pay more if you need a hard copy of this document.
4. Registration for IELTS: If your migration option requires IELTS, then you’ll have to spend about $200 – $300 on the IELTS registration, depending on your location.
5. Proof of funds: this will depend on the number of people you are migrating to Canada with. Relocating with one person requires you to have about 13,213 CAD$.
Below is a table that shows the Number of family members that you can travel to Canada with and the amount of fund required in CAD $:
|Number of family members||Amount of CAD$ Required|
|3,560 for every additional family member|
6. Medical Report Cost: Depending on the hospital, the Canadian medical report and Immigration Medical Exam may cost between $150 CAD to $280 CAD, depending on the applicant’s age and past health records.
7. Visa application cost: The cost for visa application is about (850 CAD) but here, you might want to secure a fully-sponsored visa and work permit.
8. Biometrics cost: the Canadian biometric will cost about 85 CAD $ per person.
9. Cost of Criminal records or police reports: the cost of obtaining a criminal record or police report will cost between cost between 15 – 30 CAD$.
10. Permanent Residence Cost: the cost of obtaining or processing a permanent residence in Canada is 850 CAD$.
Below is a table showing the costs of obtaining or processing a permanent residence in Canada:
|Fees||Cost in CAD $|
|Application Fees for Canada Permanent Residence (PR)||$850|
|For a secondary application||$850|
|Each dependent child (below 22 Years)||$230 per child|
|Right of Permanent Residence Fees – RPRF (Landing Fees), per adult||$515|
Migrating to Canada may sound complicated, but it will be easy with the correct information.
I have explained some of the easy ways of migrating to Canada, and you only need to meet all requirements, get all documents ready, and make sure you have the funds ready.
For more information, you can visit the official website of the Canadian government