Are you looking for where to find free online computer courses with certificates? Do you want to enroll in a free accredited online computer certification programs.
If yes, this is the right place as I will be giving you many recommendations of free online computer courses with certificates to help you develop basic and advanced skills in computers and their fields.
Computer courses are fast becoming popular among people in various fields as the world turns digital; the best way to be on track is to take courses to help you be at par with others in your area.
With these free online courses, you can study at your own pace and get certified without paying, although some courses will require you to pay a small amount of money to get the certificate at the end of the course.
7 Best free Online Computer Courses With Certificates
Here are some free online computer courses with certificates you can study:
- How Computers Work: Demystifying Computation via futurelearn
- Computer Fundamentals at DAVV via careers360.com
- Build a Modern Computer from First Principles: Nand to Tetris Part II (project-centred course)
- Foundations of Computer Science – Introduction to Computer Programming with Visual Basic Specialization
- Computational Thinking for Problem-Solving
- Mathematics for Computer Science
- CS50’s Introduction to Computer Science via edX.org
How Computers Work: Demystifying Computation
In collaboration with Raspberry Pi Foundation and the National Centre for Computing Education, Google designed this online course to make you understand the processes in every modern computer system ranging from supercomputers to laptops and smartphones.
You will also learn basic concepts like binary logic, circuits, and computer architecture. This course lasts a month, and you will study for 2 hours each week.
The course contains topics like What is a computer anyway?; Logic Gates; Mathematics with circuits; and How Computers Work. To start this course, go here
Computer Fundamentals at DAVV
DAVV offers this online course through Swayam to help you strengthen your knowledge of computers and have an overview of anything relating to computers.
This course teaches you about operating systems, system software, application software, microprocessors, storage devices, input and output devices, programming languages, and more.
This program lasts 12 weeks, and you earn a certificate by the end of the program. The course content includes:
- An Introduction to Computers
- Input and output devices
- An Overview of Computer Memory
- An Introduction to Storage Devices
- Microprocessors and the CPU
- Internet and multimedia
- An Overview of Computer Hardware & Software
- Computer softwares and operating systems
- Programming languages; and many more.
The official website for this online course is here
Build a Modern Computer from First Principles: Nand to Tetris Part II (project-centred course)
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem partners with Coursera to teach you how to build a modern software hierarchy on a computer hardware platform.
You will also learn to use a Java-like programming language in developing a basic operating system.
The course will also teach computer science and other modern computer systems core areas.
This free online computer course has topics like Machine Language; Virtual Machine I: Stack Arithmetic; Program Control; High-Level Language; Compiler I: Syntax Analysis; Compiler II: Code Generation; and Operating System.
To start the course, go here
Foundations of Computer Science – Introduction to Computer Programming with Visual Basic Specialization
LearnQuest offers this course on Coursera to teach you how to write programs in order to solve business problems.
You will get a basic foundation in computer programming and learn coding in Visual Basic.
For this course, you will need a computer that runs on Windows, macOS or Linux with an installation of .NET 5. The topics in this course are:
- Introduction to Computer Programming Visual Basic
- History of Computing and Algorithm Efficiency
- Computer Hardware and Organization
- Computer Networks, Cloud Computing and Information Security
- Systems Software, Databases and Automation.
Visit the official website for this course here
Computational Thinking for Problem-Solving
The University of Pennsylvania collaborates with Coursera to offer this course to people who wish to think like computer scientists while solving real-world problems.
You will learn computational thinking, analysis of algorithms, and the use of Python programming language to solve problems.
The course content includes Pillars of Computational Thinking; Expressing and Analyzing Algorithms; Fundamental Operations of a Modern Computer; and Applied Computational Thinking Using Python.
Visit the official website for this course here
Mathematics for Computer Science
The University of London gives out this free course on the Coursera platform to teach you the mathematical foundation you need to work in computer science and other areas like games, digital visual arts, business, music, and business.
You will start with binary and other number bases, space numerical using coordinates, sequence of numbers, and variation of quantities using functions and graphs.
The syllabus covers topics like Number bases – binary and other bases; Modular arithmetic; Sequences; Series; and an Introduction to Graph Sketching and Kinematics.
Visit the link to the course is here
CS50’s Introduction to Computer Science via edX.org
The CS50’s Introduction to Computer Science teaches all the foundations of computer science and programming, even without previous programming experience.
Harvard University and HarvardX are committed to teaching you how to think using algorithms and solving problems too.
Topics in this course include algorithms, software engineering, data structures, web development, programming languages, security, and resource management.
To enroll in this course, kindly visit here
There are other free online computer courses with certificates you can check out; we will list them and their website:
- Googled IT Automation with Python Professional Certificate via coursera.org
- Python for Everybody Specialization via coursera.org
- Introduction to Computer Hardware and Software via alison.com
- Artificial Intelligence for Beginners via alison.com
- An Introduction to Computer Vision via alison.com
- Machine Learning for Absolute Beginners via alison.com
- Deep Learning via coursera.org
- Introduction to Cloud Computing via udemy.com
Computer science courses are essential for anyone interested in going with the flow of the digital world.
To be at par with others and improve yourself, you can take free online computer courses with certificates.
We have listed some free courses that can upskill you; make your choice.