Still on the recent trends, I bring to you another opportunity through the free online master’s degree in project management with certificates in 2023 which you can enroll in for free of charge.
Recently, project management has grown to become popular in the labour market and there will also be an increase in the coming years; this increase is due to the need for organizations to expand their business.
In order to achieve success for each project, organizations employ project managers. Project managers need to stay relevant in the labour market, hence the need to advance their skills and knowledge.
Getting a master’s degree in project management can be expensive and time consuming especially if the program is campus-based.
So, people are tilting towards online programs for the stress free experience and convenience.
In this article, I have listed some affordable and almost free online master’s degree in project management with certificates to enroll in 2023.
10 Free Online Master’s Degree in Project Management with Certificates 2023
Below are 10 most affordable and free online master’s degree in project management with certificates to enroll in 2023:
- Master’s in Project Management by Missouri State University
- MBA in Project Management by Doane University
- MS in Project Management by Harrisburg University
- Master of Project Management by Western Carolina University
- Online Master’s in Project Management by Charleston Southern University
- Master’s in Project Management by Sam Houston State University
- Online Master’s in Project Management by Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- MBA in Construction Project Management by Lamar University
- Online MBA in Project Management by Mississippi State University
- Master’s in Project Management by University of London
1. Masters of Science in Project Management by Missouri State University
The Missouri State University offers this online master’s degree in project management accreditation by the institution in charge of project management education.
At the end of this online program, students are expected to either present a seminar or a thesis. For those who choose a seminar, they have to complete 36 hours of credit and for those who choose a thesis, 33 hours of credit are required.
Some of the core courses in the curriculum include:
- Project control systems
- Cost analysis for project management,
- Project leadership
- Management of innovation and technology
- Project risk analysis
Applicants are required to have at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and pay a tuition fee of $5,830 although there is an option of financial aid
2. Online MBA in Project Management by Doane University
This online masters program is offered by Doane University to help students gain advanced knowledge of the principles and core areas of project management.
It may interest you to know that World Report and U.S News ranks this university as a top national liberal arts college, you are sure of getting the best.
The curriculum include courses like:
- Ethics and social responsibility
- Monitoring and controlling projects
- Business process modeling
- Introduction to project management
Admission requirements include bachelor’s degree from an accredited school, official transcripts, and three recommendation letters, curriculum vitae. The tuition fee is $6,665 but you can apply for financial aid.
3. Online Master’s in Project Management by Harrisburg University
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology designed this online master’s degree in project management to help students know both the traditional and modern agile methods used by current project managers.
The program will also allow students to be prepared for examinations like PMP certification.
Courses in the curriculum include:
- Organizational leadership
- Principles of project management
- Agile project management with scrum,
- Planning and executing projects
- Professional communication
Students are expected to pay $7,200 as tuition fee, there is also an option for Federal Student financial aid.
4. Master of Project Management by Western Carolina University
This online master’s degree in project management is designed by the Western Carolina University to help mid-career project managers advance their careers, and expand their knowledge base.
The courses in this program are taught by the same professors who teach other students on campus; online students get the same curriculum and teaching methods as campus-based students.
The teaching curriculum include courses like:
- Project planning
- Advanced project management practices
- Project plan and implementation
- Project selection and initiation
- Fundamentals of project management
Admission requirements include bachelor’s degree from any accredited institution or equivalent, recommendation letters, relevant work experience, and good GPA.
The tuition fee for this program is $7,361, there is an option for financial aid.
5. MS in Project Management by Charleston Southern University
This program is offered by Charleston Southern University to help students gain advanced knowledge and skills in handling and managing projects.
Students are required to offer 36 credits and courses for seven weeks. One of the major criteria for admission is having a bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 2.75 or better.
Courses to be taken in this program include:
- Project management as a business function
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Managing project risk
- Talent management
- Managing project human resources and procurement
Students are expected to pay $7,540 as tuition fee although they can apply for financial aid.
6. Online MS in Project Management by Sam Houston State University
Offered by Sam Houston State University, this online master’s degree in project management is made for professionals who want to advance their career in project management.
There are experienced professors who take up these online classes so you are sure of gaining more knowledge.
The curriculum covers courses like:
- Project management
- Leading organizational change and development
- Tools of project management
- Managing business systems projects
- Staffing organizations
Requirements for admission include official transcripts from previous college work, official GMAT score and bachelor’s degree. Tuition fee is $7,575, there is also an option for financial aid.
7. Online Master’s in Project Management by Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University designed this online master’s degree program to help applicants earn PMP certification and become leaders in the project management industry.
All professors who teach teachers have PMP certification and are always ready to provide career and academic counselling to students.
Courses to be taught to students include:
- Foundations of project management,
- Management science for project managers
- Assessing and managing project risk
- Fundamentals of project management
- Decision making for leaders
Students are to pay a tuition fee of $7,680; however, they can apply for financial aid.
8. Online MBA in Construction Project Management by Lamar University
Offered by Lamar University, this fully online masters degree in project management is for project managers who wish to specialize in construction project management.
Students are expected to offer 36 credit hours with advanced coursework for 16 months.
The courses in the curriculum include:
- Construction planning and scheduling
- Construction cost estimating and analysis
- Sustainable built environment and society
- Construction project management
- Legal practices in construction
Some of the basic requirements for admission are bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and official transcripts. Students are to pay a tuition fee of $8,112 or apply for financial aid.
9.Online MBA in Project Management by Mississippi State University
This is an interdisciplinary degree designed by Mississippi State University to help students move to managerial roles in the project management industry.
There are 27 hours of core courses and 3 hours of elective courses. To be admitted, you must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, good GMAT score and a satisfactory GPA.
Courses in this program include:
- Leadership skills for management behavior
- Financial and accounting report analysis
- Project management
- Quantitative analysis and business research
Students are to pay a tuition fee of $8,318; there is an option for financial aid.
10. Online Master’s in Project Management by University of London
This online master’s degree in project management is designed to help project managers integrate complex projects, motivate and manage their teams and achieve results.
This online program is taught by experienced professionals just like the campus-based classes.
To be admitted, you must present a bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA, official transcripts of previous college work, recommendation letters and letters of professional or academic reference.
Courses in the curriculum include:
- Cost and budget management
- Project management seminar
- Project planning and scheduling
- Project quality management
Students are expected to pay a tuition fee of $8,409; they can also apply for 100% financial aid.
Program link: visit here
To advance in your career as a project manager, it is advisable that you get a master’s degree in project management so as to beat the competition in the labour market.
For you to easily get this degree, you can go for online or offline classes. Online classes are recommended because of the convenience and lesser tuition fees.
I have listed some of the affordable and almost free online master’s degree in project management above, so you can go for one that is best for you.