Today, I am going to share some major scholarships for single moms and parents. If you are a married or single mom looking for a scholarship, then this will make a good choice for you.
Its common that some mom or single moms seems to find it hard to continue their education in the university/college because of much responsibilities they have to face.
Statistics have shown that about 30% to 40% of families headed by single moms likely face a lot of challenges that can possibly make them drop out of school.
But the sweet and good opportunity here is that scholarship can always be the best solution in situations like this. Scholarships are better opportunities for different set of persons, including single moms.
So on this page, I am going to specialize on listing and explaining the available scholarships for single moms and parents with the requirements for each of these scholarships.
Are there scholarships for Single moms?
In the society now, many organizations including government, private sectors and colleges have come with the ideas of assisting mothers who can not afford to attend colleges.
Many of such organizations, government agencies/bodies, private sectors and colleges do this just to reduce the rate of suffering for their families.
Check also: Scholarships for Nursing Students
How to apply for a Scholarship as a Single Mom?
There are different ways and procedures for each scholarships. In this case, there steps you need to follow as a mom when applying for a scholarship and such steps include;
Step one: Apply for different scholarships
Applying for different scholarships is one of the best ways to secure a scholarship because applying for different scholarships gives you the opportunity to be accepted either by one or other scholarships.
As a mom looking for scholarship, one thing you need to keep in mind is that there is too many competitions just like looking for a job.
Check also: Scholarships for Black Students
Step two: Be up to date with information
Keeping up to date on information based on the scholarships you apply on, but you can also keep to date on other scholarships.
You also need to follow instructions, pay attentions to questions and also supporting documents .
Step three: Don’t give up
When applying for scholarships, one thing you need to know as a mom is that being accepted in any scholarships is by probability.
And one thing you need to know also is that you should not stop applying for scholarships irrespective of your level in the college.
Step four: Getting connected
Most of the time, people do get connections either from their parents or their godfather, but that those not mean that you won’t be given a scholarship if you apply.
Check also: 6 ways to Study for free
List of Scholarships Single Parents and Moms 2023
There are many scholarships for single moms and parents. The following are some major scholarships for moms and parents in 2023 that you can apply for:
- Bk krenzer Reentry Scholarship
- Wynetta A Frazier Sister to Sister Scholarship
- Emerge Scholarship
- Executive Women International Adult
- Students in Scholastic Transition Scholarship
- Jeannette Rankin Women’s Scholarship
- Asherah Foundation Scholarship Program
- AAUW Virginia Beach Branch Scholarship
- Non Traditional Student Scholarship
- Helping Hands for Single Moms Scholarships
- The Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Foundation Scholarship
- Change your World Scholarship
- Arizona BPW Foundation Annual Scholarships
- Program for Continuing Education
- Society of Women Engineers Olive Lynn Salembier Scholarship and Mary V. Munger Memorial Scholarship
- Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers Single Mother Scholarship
- Live your Dream Awards Program (single)
- Ford Opportunity Scholarship (single)
- Custody X Change Giving Fund Scholarship (single)
1. Bk krenzer Reentry Scholarship
The Bk Krenzer Reentry Scholarship is organized by the Society of Women Engineers and it is been awarded to a non traditional student who has re-entered education after a breaks.
The awards is worth $3,250.
2. Wynetta A Frazier Sister to Sister Scholarship
This institution gives two awards to their student which is worth about $500 to $1000 but as an applicant you must meet some requirements.
- Applicants should confirm acceptance into a university/college to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree
- Applicants must write an essay on a given topic
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age
This scholarships is given to women who are African American.
3. Emerge Scholarship
The Emerge Scholarship offers award which worth $2,000 to $5,000 and it is been awarded every year to non traditional women students who has re-entered school after a break.
- Applicants must stay in Georgia
- Applicants must be at least 25 years of age
- Your career and life goals must be documented in your application.
4. Executive Women International Adult Students in Scholastic Transition Scholarship
This scholarship offers awards which worth from $2,000 to $10,000 and it is offered to the Adult Students in Scholastic Transition Scholarship (ASIST) to adults women who are facing social, economic and physical challenge crisis.
Note that the awards of $2,000 to $10,000 are given to student which are in the corporate level.
5. Jeannette Rankin Women’s Scholarship
The Jeannette Rankin Women’s Scholarship offers award which is worth $2,000 to women who are 35years of age or maybe older in order to assist them continue their education.
Women who are not financially stable can also be giving scholarship even.
Note that you must be a U.S citizens or have a permanent residents in U.S and also pursuing a bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree or a technical degree.
6. Asherah Foundation Scholarship Program
The Asherah Foundation Scholarship Program gives reward worth of $2,500 yearly to women who are pursuing higher education.
- Applicants must be above 20 years of age
- Applicants must have a high school diploma and also intend to pursue continuing education.
7. Non Traditional Student Scholarship
The institution offers awards worth about $2,000 to students based on their needs, character, leadership, academic achievement and personal goals.
- Applicants must be a member the American Legion or Sons of the American Legion
- Applicants should be a member of the non traditional students that re-entered the classroom after a break.
8. AAUW Virginia Beach Branch Scholarship
The institution awards reward worth of $500 to be given to students (women) who are enrolling in an undergraduate program for a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Applicants must reside in Virginia Beach
- Applicants must be at least 23years of age
- Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 and above
- Applicants must write an essay about her career.
9. Helping Hands for Single Moms
The Helping Hands Institution gives awards to specifically single mom and the awards varies (i.e it does not have a fixed amount).
- Applicants must have a citizenship in the United State and also live in Maricopa
- They must be single moms
- Applicants must have a GPA of 2.8 or above
- Applicants must have at least one child under the age of 11
- Applicants should carry at least nine credit load per semester.
10. The Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Foundation
This foundation offers rewards worth of $5,000 to women who are 17 and above. Scholarships are been awarded five times annually.
- Applicants should not be financially stable
- Applicants should be pursuing a vocational certificate, Bachelor’s Degree or an Associate’s Degree.
11. Change your World Scholarship
This scholarship is given to women who are physical abuse by their partners and also women who wants to promote the rights of women and girls through education.
- Applicants must be a survivor of the abuse
- Applicants must have been separated from the partner for at least a year
They are also certain requirements, either documented or writing of exams but you need to research also on your own to know more about the scholarships.
There are still many more scholarships program for moms and single moms that were not listing above which y are some of scholarships for moms and single moms.
Those are some of the major scholarships for moms and parents. Note that most of these scholarships are specifically for single mothers.